- Global Growth Slows -- Mixed and uneven data suggested that global economic growth headwinds would not result in the expected second-half acceleration in GDP.
- Emerging Market Concerns -- Investors, anticipating higher U.S. interest rates, have disintermediated emerging markets, serving to rock the economies of countries that rely heavily on foreign investment (e.g. Indonesia and India).
- QE Loses It's Effectiveness -- Growing evidence that excessive easing is a blunt tool to catalyze growth.
- Fed Tapering -- It has grown increasingly likely that a September tapering is in the cards.This, too many (including myself), would qualify as a policy mistake (owing to the domestic economy's inability to reach escape velocity.)
- Still Tepid EPS Growth -- Disappointingly slow corporate profit and sales growth, particularly excluding financials.
- Rising Interest Rates
- Valuations Stretched -- Expanded price earnings multiples in the face of weak sales and earnings growth.
- Growing Geopolitical Risks -- The growing likelihood of a U.S. military attack on Syria.
- A Divided Washington D.C. -- A heated debt ceiling debate looms ahead.
- An Imminent Tapering -- Subject to data.
- The Fed -- Uncertainty as to who will be the next chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- Weak Technicals -- There were numerous troubling technical signs that were being ignored.
Kass: Short-Term Market Outlook Improves
Sep 04, 2013 | 06:00 AM EDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV