Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM) (“Newmont” or the “Company”) announced the appointment of Laurie Brlas as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective September 9, 2013. Ms. Brlas most recently served as Executive Vice President and President of Global Operations for Cliffs Natural Resources (“Cliffs”). In her new role at Newmont, she will oversee the Company’s global finance, business planning, value assurance, tax, treasury, internal audit, supply chain, information technology and investor relations functions.
“Laurie is an accomplished leader with extensive experience in the mining industry and I’m delighted to have her on the Newmont team,” said Gary Goldberg, Newmont’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Her track record of ensuring financial discipline, developing high performing teams and delivering strong business results fits well with Newmont’s focus on creating sustainable value for our shareholders.”
Ms. Brlas served as Cliffs’ Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer from 2006 to 2012. Prior to this role, she was Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at STERIS Corporation, a health care services and technology provider. Her experience also includes leadership positions at OfficeMax Incorporated, Corning Clinical Laboratories and Deloitte & Touche. Ms. Brlas is currently a Board member and Chair of the Audit Committee of Perrigo Company, a pharmaceutical and healthcare products manufacturer. She earned her degree in Accounting from Youngstown State University and is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Management Accountant.
Tom Mahoney, who served as the Company’s interim Chief Financial Officer since May 2, 2013, will resume his role as Vice President and Treasurer and report to Ms. Brlas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV