Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Nasdaq: VRTX) today announced that five abstracts from its cystic fibrosis (CF) research and development program will be presented at the 27 th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference (NACFC) in Salt Lake City, Utah, October 17-19, 2013. Data from a Phase 3 study of ivacaftor in non- G551D gating mutations will be presented as well as long-term safety and efficacy data for KALYDECO™ (ivacaftor) from the PERSIST open-label rollover study. In addition, Fred Van Goor, Ph.D., Head of Biology for Vertex's CF program, and David Rodman, M.D., Vice President of Clinical Development for Vertex's CF program, will participate in invited talks regarding their work to discover and develop medicines that target the underlying cause of CF.
The accepted abstracts are now available in the online edition of Pediatric Pulmonology: Supplement: The 27th Annual North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, October 17-19, 2013: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ppul.v48.S36/issuetoc.
All abstracts will be presented as part of Poster Session 1 on October 17, 11:50 a.m. - 1:50 p.m. MDT:
- “Ivacaftor, a CFTR potentiator, in cystic fibrosis patients who have a non- G551D-CFTR gating mutation: Phase 3, Part 1 results.” Poster 241. Vertex also expects these data to be presented as part of Symposium III, “CFTR: Matching CFTR Mutations and Drugs,” on October 19, 10:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. MDT.
- “Effect of ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis and the G551D-CFTR mutation who have baseline FEV 1 >90% of predicted.” Poster 257.
- “Long-term safety and efficacy of ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis who have the G551D-CFTR mutation: response through 144 weeks of treatment (96 weeks of PERSIST).” Poster 227.
- “Effect of ivacaftor on circulating inflammatory indices in CF patients with the G551D-CFTR mutation.” Poster 259.
- “Evaluation of the drug-drug interaction potential of ivacaftor on a combined oral contraceptive.” Poster 262.
- “Matching Novel Therapies to CF-Causing Mutations in Cell-based Systems.” Fred Van Goor, Ph.D., will deliver an invited talk during Symposium Session III, “CFTR: Matching CFTR Mutations & Drugs,” on October 19 at 11:30 a.m. MDT.
- “Lessons Learned From the Development of First Generation CFTR Modulators.” David Rodman, M.D., will deliver an invited talk during Symposium II, “NT/CFTR: Advances in the Therapeutic Pipeline for CFTR Repair (Combination),” on October 18 at 11:55 a.m. MDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV