BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) announced the hiring of Marie Blake as executive vice president and chief compliance officer, responsible for overseeing the bank’s regulatory compliance departments.
Blake brings with her more than 16 years of banking and senior management experience, with an extensive background in all areas of banking industry compliance, risk control and risk management. She joins BankUnited from Regions Financial Corporation in Birmingham, Ala., where she served most recently as senior vice president and group compliance manager.
“With Marie’s vast knowledge and in-depth experience in all areas of compliance and risk management, she will play a critical role in overseeing BankUnited’s comprehensive regulatory compliance program,” said John Kanas, chairman, president and CEO.
Blake earned her law degree from the Villanova University School of Law in Villanova, Pa., and her bachelor’s degree in finance from La Salle University in Philadelphia.Blake will be based at the company’s Miami Lakes headquarters, 14817 Oak Lane. About BankUnited, N.A. BankUnited, N.A., a national bank and wholly-owned subsidiary of BankUnited, Inc. (NYSE: BKU), is headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with $13.1 billion of assets, 98 banking centers in 15 Florida counties and four banking centers in the New York metropolitan area at June 30, 2013. Ranked 10th on Forbes Magazine's list of "Best Banks in America 2012," and one of the largest independent depository institutions headquartered in Florida by assets, BankUnited provides a wide range of commercial and consumer banking services. For additional information, call (877) 779-2265 or visit www.BankUnited.com. BankUnited can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/BankUnited.official and on Twitter @BankUnited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV