Trade-Ideas: Senior Housing Properties (SNH) Is Today's "Water-Logged And Getting Wetter" Stock
- SNH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.0 million.
- SNH has traded 884,901 shares today.
- SNH traded in a range 229.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.09.
- SNH traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 290 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 290 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNH: Senior Housing Properties Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT), primarily invests in senior housing properties in the United States. The trust invests in hospitals, nursing homes, senior apartments, independent living properties, and assisted living properties. Currently there are no analysts that rate Senior Housing Properties a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Senior Housing Properties has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Senior Housing has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.37 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.64 days to cover. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Senior Housing Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $77.24 million or 4.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SENIOR HOUSING PPTYS TRUST's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 5.48%.
- SENIOR HOUSING PPTYS TRUST's earnings per share declined by 15.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SENIOR HOUSING PPTYS TRUST reported lower earnings of $0.79 versus $1.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus $0.79).
- In its most recent trading session, SNH has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Senior Housing Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.