Missouri American Water has acquired the assets of Tri-States Utility, Inc. the water service provider for customers living in the south and southwest areas of Branson. This had added approximately 3500 water customers to the company’s customer base. The Missouri Public Service Commission (MoPSC) approved the application for ownership on August 21, 2013, and the acquisition of the assets was finalized on Friday, August 30, 2013.
“The acquisition of this system increases Missouri American Water’s presence in the Branson area significantly,” said Matthew Barnhart, senior operations manager, Missouri American Water. “Growth of our existing customer base can ultimately help to improve water service to our customers.”
A public meeting will be held for customers to learn more about Missouri American Water on Thursday, September 5 at 6:00 p.m. at the former Tri-States Utility office located at 302 Terrace Road. Customers will also be receiving more information via mail regarding the acquisition.
Missouri American Water first expanded operations into the Branson area in 2011 purchasing the former Aqua-Missouri districts.Missouri American Water Missouri American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 1.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states and parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV