ANCHORAGE, Alaska, Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A mainstay in Anchorage for nearly two decades, Sam's Club will host a Grand Opening Celebration on Thursday, Sept. 5, at its new location at 1074 N. Muldoon Road. The event will feature special events, savings on select merchandise and presentations by local dignitaries. The new location will allow Sam's Club to better serve its members in Anchorage and offer more jobs in the region.
"We're adding approximately 50,000 square feet with the new club," said club manager Douglas McIntosh. "Now our members can access all the features a full-size Sam's Club has to offer. We're excited that we're now offering a pharmacy, a hearing aid center, a fresh bakery, a members-only fuel station and other services."
Grand opening will feature Alaskan talent, grant contributionsWith doors opening at 8:30 a.m. following the 8 a.m. Grand Opening ceremony, the club will host a variety of special guests at the event. Appearances will include Hall of Fame musher DeeDee Jonrowe, author and nutrition expert Dr. Andrew Myers and Mrs. Alaska-America 2013 Gwynnedolynne James. Sam's Club will also showcase favorite local businesses at the celebration. Attractions will include fresh-caught Alaskan fish from Copper River Seafoods and premium-roasted coffee beans from Silverhook Alaska Coffee. Both businesses will be on-site through Sunday, Sept. 8.
To show its support for the community, Sam's Club will spend part of its opening day presenting grants to local organizations. Specifically, Sam's Club is making contributions to the Kids' Kitchen, Bean's Cafe, Bartlett High School, the Alaska SPCA, and the Armed Services YMCA.In addition, free health screenings will be offered through Saturday, Sept. 7. Screenings will be given for assessing cholesterol, blood pressure, vision, hearing and a variety of other wellness areas. Limited-time offers on electronics, meat to launch opening dayAs part of the celebration, Sam's Club will offer special savings on featured products. These limited-time offers will be available only from the grand opening date through Sunday, Sept. 8. Quantities are limited on discounted electronics. Special deals for Grand Opening weekend include:
- A VIZIO 60-inch class LED HDTV for $798
- A Magnavox 32-inch class LED HDTV for $219.88
- A Dell 15.6-inch notebook for $299
- An Apple $100 iTunes gift card multipack for $79.88
- Silverhook Premium Alaska Coffee for $13.88
- An Artisan Fresh rotisserie chicken for $4.88
- USDA choice beef ribeye steak for $7.98 per pound
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV