This fall, pop icon and knock-out home renovator, Rob Van Winkle, a.k.a. Vanilla Ice, will travel deep into the largest Amish settlement in the United States while on a quest to learn the lost art of hand craftsmanship. With no frills, no music and no power tools, Van Winkle and the Amish team will tackle construction projects ranging from a kitchen reconstruction to an old-school barn-raising on DIY Network’s highly anticipated new series, Vanilla Ice Goes Amish , premiering Saturday, October 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Vanilla Ice will put away his smartphone, home improvement gadgets and tools, and instead immerse himself in traditional Amish family life. He will bond with a group of young Amish men and women who will teach him the traditions, practices and trades that have made the Amish one of the most mysterious – and misunderstood -- groups in the world.
DIY Network's Vanilla Ice Goes Amish (Photo: Business Wire)
“Sometimes you gotta get in where you don’t necessarily look like you fit in,” laughs Vanilla Ice. “Home renovation is a huge passion of mine and I love learning and developing my craft. Getting the opportunity to live with and learn from the best, top-notch craftsmen in the world – the Amish – I mean, it doesn’t get any better than that! This family took me under their wing and let me into their lives and for that I will be forever grateful.”
After his 90s chart topping hit “Ice Ice Baby,” Vanilla Ice began focusing his energy on another passion – buying land and flipping houses. By renovating distressed homes/mansions and foreclosures over the years, he taught himself the basics through hands-on experience and research. Vanilla Ice has brought his nearly two decades worth of knowledge and talent to fans all over the country in the past three seasons of his critically acclaimed hit series on DIY Network, “The Vanilla Ice Project” (premiered October 2010).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV