Trade-Ideas: Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners (PSE) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- PSE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.7 million.
- PSE has traded 186,531 shares today.
- PSE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PSE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PSE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PSE: Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners L.P. owns, acquires, explores, and develops oil and gas properties in the United States. It produces oil, natural gas liquids, and gas in onshore Texas and eight counties in the southeast region of New Mexico. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5%. PSE has a PE ratio of 19.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners has been 255,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Southwest Energy has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 4.3% with 2.59 days to cover. Shares are up 79.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PSE's share price has jumped by 56.74%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PSE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP is rather high; currently it is at 65.65%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 56.27% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $31.23 million or 17.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.97%.
- PSE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.65 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that PSE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.60 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts