Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:LOW) announced today that Michael P. McDermott will join the company as senior vice president and general merchandising manager- building and maintenance, a new position. McDermott will be responsible for the Lumber & Building Materials, Millwork, Hardware & Tools and Rough Plumbing & Electrical divisions. He will report to Chief Merchandising Officer, Michael A. Jones.
McDermott joins Lowe’s from General Electric, where he served most recently as sales leader-appliances and was also a member of the company’s corporate commercial council. He brings more than 20 years of experience in product leadership, merchandising, marketing and commercial sales.
“Mike’s experience leading merchandising for GE’s multi-billion dollar appliance business as well as organizations that sell into the building and maintenance space, will bring added value to Lowe’s merchandising team,” explained Jones. “He understands the importance of brand management, strong relationships with vendor-partners and how to lead teams—skills which will help Lowe’s continue to improve product assortment to better serve do-it-yourself and pro customers alike.”
In his new role, McDermott will work with Troy J. Dally, senior vice president and general merchandising manager- seasonal and Clint T. Davis, senior vice president and general merchandising manager-home décor. McDermott earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from The College of New Jersey and a master’s degree in political science from Villanova University.With fiscal year 2012 sales of $50.5 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,825 home improvement and hardware stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV