The damage to Time Warner Cable in customers breaking their subscription won't be clear until the company reports its third-quarter earnings on Nov. 5. For Britt, the fracas with CBS will likely mark a final very public attempt to prompt the FCC to reopen the issue of retransmission fees. But if history is any guide, reworking the country's telecommunications laws takes many years, which leaves CBS and other networks in an enviable position to continue to extract more money for their programming.
>Contact by Email.
>News stories and columns by LeonLazaroff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV