The agreement ends a monthlong blackout of CBS and CBS-owned channels, including Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network and the Smithsonian channel, affecting 3 million homes in Dallas, Los Angeles and New York. The blackout began Aug. 2.
Specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The agreement includes retransmission fees that the cable operator pays to CBS per subscriber, which had been a sticking point.Added pressure was on the two companies to reach an agreement since the start of football season, plus the finals of the U.S Open tennis tournament, are slated for next weekend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV