Due to the large volumes of water being used by firefighters to tackle the blaze at the Dietz & Watson warehouse in Delanco, New Jersey American Water is asking its customers in Beverly, Delanco and Edgewater Park to curtail any outside water use, and limit home water usage until such time as the fire is successfully brought under control. During this time, some customers may experience periods of low pressure as the company works to provide as much water to the firefighting efforts as possible. The company began notifying customers in the three municipalities via telephone late this afternoon.
Yesterday, firefighting used nearly a half a million gallons of water in under four hours. In addition to the water from the company’s Delran Water Treatment Plant, which normally services the Delanco area, New Jersey American Water turned on a well station in Edgewater Park. A second well station in Edgewater Park is being prepared for use this evening, should it be needed.
New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV