NEW YORK -- U.S. auto safety regulators are investigating complaints that transmission cooler lines can leak fluid in some 2013 Nissan (NSANY) Pathfinders and Infiniti JX models, leading to a sudden loss of transmission power.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has received reports of problems from five owners of Pathfinders. No injuries have been reported. The investigation covers an estimated 110,000 cars.
NHTSA has begun an evaluation to assess the size and safety-related consequences of the issue. Such investigations can often lead to recalls.
Nissan said it has received a request for information from NHTSA stemming from the reports of leaks. Spokesman Steve Yaeger said the company was working with the agency to address questions.In addition, he said a repair procedure has already been developed for use by authorized Nissan and Infiniti dealers for vehicles that have the problem. The Nissan Pathfinder and the Infiniti JX are both sport utility vehicles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV