PCTEL Inc. Stock Downgraded (PCTI)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- PCTI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 33.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- PCTI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 41.93% is the gross profit margin for PCTEL INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of PCTI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PCTI's net profit margin of 0.61% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- PCTEL INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PCTEL INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.47 versus $0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus -$0.47).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, PCTEL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.