LTX-Credence Corporation Stock Downgraded (LTXC)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 443.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.36 million to -$4.66 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.27%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 433.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, LTX-CREDENCE CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LTX-CREDENCE CORP is rather high; currently it is at 52.24%. Regardless of LTXC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LTXC's net profit margin of -12.40% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- LTXC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV