Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Independence Holding Company (NYSE:IHC) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 49.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, IHC is up 25.14% to its most recent closing price of 12.99. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO has improved earnings per share by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.10 versus $0.75 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$191.25 million or 22694.39% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The gross profit margin for INDEPENDENCE HOLDING CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.02%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year.
Latest Headlines about IHC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV