AGCO, Your Agriculture Company (NYSE: AGCO), a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment, today appointed Dr. Rob Smith as Senior Vice President & General Manager Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME). “We are very pleased to announce that Rob Smith has joined our executive team,” said Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of AGCO. “Rob’s international background and extensive experience in the automotive industry make him a great addition to our management team. He will lead our strategic growth plans for EAME and build a strong market position in emerging markets including Eastern Europe and Africa.”
Dr. Smith has extensive international management experience and most recently was the Vice President & General Manager of the global Engine Components Division for TRW Automotive – one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers. He also served as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of TRW Automotive GmbH. Prior to this, Rob served as Vice President of the Global Automotive Division at Tyco Electronics, and Vice President & General Manager of Bombardier Transportation's Aftermarket Parts and Material Repair and Overhaul business. Between 1993 and 2001, he worked in various operations and supply chain roles in the global automotive industry with LucasVarity PLC, Lucas Industries PLC and BMW.
Dr. Smith was a Combat Engineering Officer in the United States Army. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Princeton University followed by an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin Graduate School of Business. He received German Diplom-Kaufmann and Doctoral degrees in International Operations Management from the WHU – Graduate School of Management in Koblenz, Germany. Dr. Smith is a member of the American Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in Germany.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV