Razer-Sponsored ESports Team Vulcun Places Third At League Of Legends North American Regionals
SEATTLE, Sept. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PAX Prime -- Razer™, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems and one of the world's pioneering supporters of eSports, announced today that one of its sponsored eSports teams, Vulcun, placed third at the League of Legends North American regional finals.
Vulcun will compete in the Season 3 finals in Los Angeles, beginning Sept. 15, with the championship match being held at the Staples Center on Oct. 4. More than 10,000 are expected to attend the final match, while millions more will watch the action online as the teams compete for $2 million in winnings.
At last year's Season 2 finals, where Razer-sponsored teams finished in the top 3 spots of the tournament and won more than $1.3 million combined, more than 8.2 million total unique viewers tuned in via online and TV combined and over the course of the world playoffs audiences watched over 24 million hours of League of Legends, RIOT, publisher of League of Legends, said.
"The team has worked so hard to get to this point, and we've improved tremendously from the start of the season," said Christina Laird, Vulcun Team Manager. "We're hoping to take our game to another level and show the world what North American League professional gaming is all about. We're ready to rock worlds!"Team Vulcun was formed earlier this year in time for Season 3, and is headlined by twin brothers Kenneth "Kenma" and Christopher "Zuna" Buechter, who serve as the team's manager and star player, respectively. After finishing second with 20:8 win/loss tally throughout the regular season, Vulcun took down Team Dignitas 2-0 to earn a place in the world finals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV