Kerry Cites Evidence of Sarin Gas Being Used in Syria
He added, "I've said the president has the authority to act but the Congress is going to do what's right here."
Congressional approval is not a foregone conclusion. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said on Meet the Press, "I think it's a mistake to get involved in the Syrian civil war."
He said that he thought the Senate would "rubberstamp what he wants" but that "I think it's at least 50-50 whether the House will vote down involvement in the Syrian war."
On the CBS News program Face the Nation, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said, "We need to have a strategy and a plan" to keep military action from being simply a symbolic gesture.But Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said on Face the Nation, "I am confident that Congress will rally behind the important principle that the use of chemical weapons, violating an international norm that's been in place since the 1920s, is unacceptable and that we need to engage in action, even military action, with international allies to stop it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV