NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among the posts this past week were entries about slowing growth, good news for Radian and the revised GDP.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
Originally published on Friday, Aug. 30 at 10:49 a.m. EDT. For several months I have maintained that expectations for domestic economic growth and corporate profits were too optimistic and that the landscape was growing more challenging. This view contrasted with the consensus that U.S. economic growth would accelerate markedly in the second half of the year, laying the framework for self-sustaining economic growth and profit prosperity into 2014 and beyond. The expectation of an acceleration in domestic growth is now fading and is likely the primary reason why stocks have corrected. Further complicating the situation is that most of the Fed members want to taper into what appears, increasingly, as slowing growth. So a policy mistake might be made in the weeks ahead.
More Good News for Radian
Originally published on Friday, Aug. 30 at 10:03 a.m. EDT. After the close on Thursday, Radian (RDN) announced that it is effectively capping its liability on nearly 26,000 defaulted Freddie Mac-backed loans. (Radian can still benefit from recissions/denials on this book of well-collaterolized business.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV