Israel Launches Country's 'Largest' Satellite
JERUSALEM -- Israel's main aerospace and defense company says it has launched into space the country's "largest and most sophisticated" communications satellite.
State-owned Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. said Sunday that it had launched the Amos-4 satellite from a Russian-operated space launching base in Kazakhstan the previous night.
Space Communication Ltd., the Israeli company operating the satellite, said the Amos-4 will be operational within two months and will provide video distribution and broadband services to Russian and Asian Internet and communications companies.
Israeli Science and Technology Minister Yaacov Peri said space-related matters are "critical to Israel's security."The Israeli military and Defense Ministry had no comment on the launching.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV