Some of this is pure short squeeze. The shorts treated Zillow as a housing play and bet that it would go down with the homebuilders and Realogy. Turns out it is a kind of social, mobile and cloud play that's viewed as a remarkable success.
Shorts: Be careful what you bet against. Zillow isn't a housing play. It's the latest and greatest use of the Web!
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Just Being a Realist Here Posted at 11:05 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Aug. 27 Every time you produce energy, you hurt the environment in some fashion. Any time you extract fossil fuels from the earth, you get a hazardous reaction. That's why I wasn't shocked to read still one more negative story about the hazards of fracking, and how it's causing tremors in the Eagle Ford shale as oil company after oil company discovers more and more fuel in the ground -- 600,000 barrels per day, to be precise. Now, I am not saying that earthquakes and tremors mean nothing. They need to be monitored. I am not saying, "I love fossil fuels and I think we should drill, baby, drill."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV