Obama: Forces Conspiring Against Middle Class
By Josh Lederman
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says it won't be easy to reverse forces that for decades have conspired against working Americans. But he says with a few bold steps and common sense in Washington, the U.S. can make progress.
Obama is reflecting on Labor Day in his weekly radio and Internet address. He says he'll continue fighting for better wages, secure retirements, and expanded access to education, home ownership and health care.
He says a strong middle class is key to making the U.S. economy once again the envy of the world.In the Republican address, Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania says Obama's health care and energy policies have created nothing but roadblocks for American workers. He says the Republican jobs plan would put Americans, not the government, in the driver's seat.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV