Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR) (“Murphy Oil”) announced today that it has completed the spin-off of its U.S. retail marketing business into an independent public company called Murphy USA Inc. (“Murphy USA”). The spin-off was achieved through the distribution to Murphy Oil’s shareholders of one share of Murphy USA common stock for every four shares of Murphy Oil stock held at the close of business on the record date of August 21, 2013.
Steve Cossé, President and Chief Executive Officer of Murphy Oil Corporation, said, “Today’s announcement demonstrates Murphy Oil’s commitment to provide long-term value to our shareholders. Murphy USA is well-positioned with a strong management team and business plan to be a successful independent company.” Cossé added, “Following the spin-off, Murphy Oil will move forward, under the leadership of Roger Jenkins, as a focused exploration and production company with a strong portfolio of global assets.”
Murphy USA common stock will begin regular-way trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “MUSA” on September 3, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV