ALLENTOWN, Pa., Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Electric Utilities called a federal judge's decision to dismiss a lawsuit challenging federal permits for the Susquehanna- Roseland power line "the right decision for millions of people throughout the mid-Atlantic region who will have more reliable electric service because of this project."
In a ruling Friday (8/30), Judge Richard W. Roberts of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia dismissed the action filed by several environmental groups seeking to block construction of the project through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
"This ruling affirms the position of the companies and the National Park Service that these permits were issued properly and after thorough study," said Stephanie Raymond, PPL Electric Utilities vice president of Transmission and Substations. "We will move forward with construction as planned."
The 145-mile Susquehanna- Roseland line is already under construction elsewhere in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The project is needed to keep the regional electric grid reliable, and to prevent overloads of other existing power lines. The line is expected to be in service by June 2015.PPL Electric Utilities, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL), provides electric delivery services to about 1.4 million customers in Pennsylvania and has consistently ranked among the best companies for customer service in the United States. More information is available at www.pplelectric.com. SOURCE PPL Electric Utilities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV