NEW YORK, Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dial Global, Inc. (OTC Pink: DIAL) (the "Company") announced today that Dial Global and Cardinals Merger Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cumulus Media Inc. ("Cumulus"), have entered into an agreement and plan of merger ("Merger Agreement"). As described in more detail in a Form 8-K filed earlier today by Cumulus (NASDAQ: CMLS), Cardinals Merger Corporation will merge with and into Dial Global and Dial Global will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Cumulus. The merger is subject to customary closing conditions and other conditions set forth in the aforementioned Form 8-K.
While the $260 million purchase price payable in the merger is insufficient to repay all of the Company's indebtedness and the liquidation preference on all of the Company's outstanding preferred stock, as part of the Merger Agreement, the holders of the Company's Series A, B, C and D Preferred Stock agreed to contribute a portion of their shares of Series A Preferred Stock, and all of the shares of Series B, C and D Preferred Stock to the Company for no consideration, effective immediately prior to the merger. As such, upon consummation of the merger, each outstanding share of common stock of the Company will be converted into the right to receive $0.155, and the balance of the merger consideration, after repayment of indebtedness and transaction expenses and subject to certain escrow holdbacks, will be distributed as merger consideration to the Company's Series A preferred stockholders, based on the liquidation preference of the shares of Series A Preferred Stock remaining outstanding after giving effect to the above described contributions of the other shares of preferred stock.
Shortly following the entry into the merger agreement, stockholders holding approximately 90% of the Company's common stock entered into a written consent approving the merger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV