10 Most Powerful NY Tech Titans
New York-based Warby Parker has helped glasses become trendier than they've ever been. Founders Andrew Hunt, Dave Gilboa, Jeffrey Raider, and Neil Blumenthal came together to launch the e-commerce site in 2010. Warby Parker is also philanthropic in nature, promising to donate a pair of glasses to a child in need whenever a pair is purchased on the site.
Warby Parker's trendy designs are now available in the company's new brick and mortar stores.
Jon Oringer founded stock photo site, Shutterstock (SSTK) in 2003, creating an online marketplace for its comprehensive library of photos. Ten years and 300 million image downloads later, the company achieved an IPO last year. Oringer's 55% stake in Shutterstock has now made him a billionaire. Oringer has a Masters in Computer Science from Columbia University. --Written by Katie Roof in New York--
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV