4. As of noon trading, MetLife ( MET) is down $0.34 (-0.7%) to $46.10 on light volume. Thus far, 1.7 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.00-$46.62 after having opened the day at $46.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.44. MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. MetLife has a market cap of $50.4 billion and is part of the insurance industry. Shares are up 41.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full MetLife Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts