The Securities Arbitration Law Firm of Klayman & Toskes (“K&T”), www.nasd-law.com, announced today that it filed a $1 million securities arbitration claim against Banc of America Investment Services n/k/a Merrill Lynch (“Merrill Lynch”) on behalf of a UPS (NYSE: UPS) employee due to the failure of Merrill Lynch to advise, explain and implement risk management strategies to protect the Claimant’s concentrated position in UPS stock that served as collateral for his line of credit. The suit was filed with FINRA’s arbitration department.
According to the Claim, the Claimant worked over 34 years with UPS and accumulated shares of the company through UPS’ Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Managers Incentive Program. The Claimant also opened a Hypothecation Loan (“Hypo Loan”) whereby the UPS stock served as collateral. The Claimant eventually moved his Hypo Loan to Banc of America Investment Services n/k/a Merrill Lynch. The Claim is based on the firm’s failure to recommend and implement a risk management strategy that would have prevented collateral calls from forcing the sale of the UPS stock.
The sole purpose of this release is to investigate, on behalf of our
clients, the sales practices of Banc of America and Merrill Lynch in
connection with the handling of concentrated, leveraged stock portfolios
for UPS employees. Current and former UPS employees who held accounts
with the brokerage firms Banc of America or Merrill Lynch, and have
information relating to the manner in which these firms handled their
concentrated, leveraged portfolios, are encouraged to contact Steven D.
Toskes, Esquire or Jahan K. Manasseh, Esquire of Klayman & Toskes, P.A.,
at 888-997-9956, or visit us on the web at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV