DENVER, Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass appointed three new directors to its Denver advisory board, all with years of financial industry expertise and community involvement.
"Our new advisory board members are some of the most influential leaders of Denver's business community," said BBVA Compass Denver City President Cedric Buchanon. "We're eager to gain from their strong expertise in the market and will look to each of them for their leadership and guidance as we strengthen our presence in Denver."
The new board members are:
- Kristin Richardson Richardson serves on numerous local, state and national boards and committees, and primarily focuses her community service on education. Richardson is the past chair of the Denver Public Schools Foundation and currently serves as a board member of the Colorado Children's Hospital, Colorado Children's Hospital Foundation, TBD Colorado, chair of the Smithsonian Science Education Center and the Education Committee for Rose Community Foundation. She joined the Smithsonian National Board in 2008. Richardson held positions in government bond trading and institutional fixed income sales with E.F. Hutton in the Capital Markets Group. A Milwaukee native, she attended Randolph-Macon Woman's College and received bachelor's degrees in Spanish and biology.
- Eula Adams, president and chief operating officer of Xcore Computer CorporationAdams is president and chief operating officer at Xcore, a company that designs, assembles and markets low-cost, low-maintenance and energy-efficient netbooks, keyboard computers and touch pad computing devices that are distributed globally. He has more than 39 years of experience in the accounting, financial services and technology industries, including an 18-year tenure with Deloitte where he was a member of the National Accounting and Auditing technical staff and was appointed as Partner In Charge of the Atlanta Office Audit Group. Adams also served as a member of numerous boards of directors, including a four-year stint on the MasterCard of America Board. He is a graduate of Morris Brown College in Atlanta and Harvard Business School.
- Gary Schwartz, CFE, Partner at Betzer, Call, Lausten & Schwartz, LLCSchwartz is a partner at Betzer, Call, Lausten & Schwartz LLC and is a certified fraud examiner with more than 17 years of practice in litigation support, banking, fraud investigations, forensic accounting, receiverships and bankruptcy consulting. His former clients include the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice and the Colorado Department of Revenue. Previously, he spent more than 11 years as a bank examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Treasury Department. He also serves as the president of the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts