Colony Financial (NYSE: CLNY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. Colony Financial, Inc. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.33. The average volume for Colony Financial has been 867,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colony Financial has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Colony Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLNY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COLONY FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.37%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 57.87% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 110.92% to $31.86 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COLONY FINANCIAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.77%.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 69.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.10 million to $25.65 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Colony Financial Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts