AKRON, Ohio, Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Educators are reminded to apply for FirstEnergy Corp.'s (NYSE: FE) education grants for the 2013-2014 school year by September 16, 2013.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Classroom Grants of up to $500 will be awarded for creative, individual classroom projects for grades prekindergarten through 12. The grants are available to educators and youth group leaders located in communities served by FirstEnergy's 10 electric operating companies, and in communities where the company operates generating plants or does business.
Visit www.firstenergycorp.com/community/education/educational_grants.html for additional information on grant criteria and to apply.
Grants will be awarded based on the recommendations of the FirstEnergy Education Advisory Council. Winners will be notified by October 7, 2013. More than 1,000 STEM grants have been awarded to educators and youth group leaders since 1986.FirstEnergy is a diversified energy company dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. Its diverse generating fleet features non-emitting nuclear, scrubbed baseload coal, natural gas, hydro and pumped-storage hydro and other renewables, and has a total generating capacity of more than 20,000 megawatts. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp. SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV