Trade-Ideas: Splunk (SPLK) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- SPLK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.5 million.
- SPLK has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- SPLK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPLK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPLK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPLK: Splunk, Inc. provides software solutions that provide real-time operational intelligence. SPLK has a PE ratio of 557.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Splunk a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Splunk has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Splunk has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 72.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Splunk as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Software industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 21.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$20.47 million to -$16.13 million.
- The gross profit margin for SPLUNK INC is currently very high, coming in at 90.81%. Regardless of SPLK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SPLK's net profit margin of -28.20% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SPLUNK INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SPLUNK INC has improved earnings per share by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPLUNK INC reported poor results of -$0.39 versus -$0.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.01 versus -$0.39).
- This stock has increased by 64.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in SPLK do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Splunk Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.