Trade-Ideas: Apache Corporation (APA) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- APA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $281.4 million.
- APA traded 419,323 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:57 AM, representing 12.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APA: Apache Corporation, an independent energy company, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. APA has a PE ratio of 12.5. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Apache Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apache Corporation has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apache has a market cap of $31.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.81 and a short float of 3.2% with 2.02 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apache Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that APA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.60, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $2,759.00 million or 1.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow APACHE CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.92%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, APACHE CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.