Aug. 30, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced the launch of EPIQ ultrasound system, offering an entirely new level of clinical confidence with a first-of-its-kind ultrasound architecture that is a totally new approach to creating ultrasound images without compromise. Making its debut at the
European Society of Cardiology
(ESC) 2013 Congress in
, EPIQ features a new imaging technology called
SIGHT that when combined with Philips' Anatomical Intelligence technology, delivers a powerful combination of speed and image clarity.
For the first time, Anatomical Intelligence – a rich data base of anatomic structural models and adaptive system technology – has been built into an ultrasound system creating an ultrasound system capable of efficiently producing more definitive clinical results. Anatomical Intelligence provides advanced organ modeling, image slicing, and proven quantification, making exams easier to perform, more reproducible, and delivering new levels of clinical information. Combining this intelligent technology with the precision clarity of
SIGHT Imaging makes for a faster more intuitive ultrasound system.
With EPIQ, Philips has created a ground-breaking platform that supports segment specific innovations for Cardiology, Radiology, OB/GYN and General Imaging:
- xMATRIX 3DTEE and the Anatomically Intelligent Mitral Valve Navigator A.I. provide a key LIVE 3D planning solution that allows physicians to make more informed decisions before and during heart valve procedures.
- n SIGHT Imaging technology, a never-before imaging architecture that provides highly detailed ultrasound images and extraordinary temporal resolution.
- Extraordinary penetration at higher frequencies for outstanding imaging even on patients with high body mass index where ultrasound has previously been inconclusive.
Philips, known for its expertise in imaging technologies, has created a revolutionary imaging architecture,
a completely new way to form ultrasound images
- Highly detailed ultrasound images and extraordinary temporal resolution
- Ability to see new levels of tissue uniformity without the need of critical transmit focal zone placement
- Exceptional penetration at higher frequencies for superb imaging on difficult patients
"Philips is at the forefront of imaging technology innovation, and with EPIQ, we are pioneering a way to address significant imaging issues faced by medical professionals in the clinical setting," said
, CEO Healthcare Imaging Systems, Philips Healthcare. "The combination of Anatomical Intelligence and the use of
SIGHT Imaging technology is a major milestone in the history of ultrasound technology."
"The image quality of EPIQ is truly impressive," said
, MD, Director of Cardiac Imaging and Professor of Medicine,
University of Chicago
. "I also appreciate the numerous design elements that make EPIQ easier to operate including the standby battery, easy to connect transducers, and portability; it is clear that EPIQ is a system built for today's healthcare environment."
"As the population continues to age, diagnosing potentially life- threatening conditions early is critical. EPIQ complements the need for early detection by providing the technology and reliability that physicians require to make accurate diagnoses quickly and with greater confidence," added Saragnese.