AMSTERDAM, Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced the launch of EPIQ ultrasound system, offering an entirely new level of clinical confidence with a first-of-its-kind ultrasound architecture that is a totally new approach to creating ultrasound images without compromise. Making its debut at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) 2013 Congress in Amsterdam, EPIQ features a new imaging technology called n SIGHT that when combined with Philips' Anatomical Intelligence technology, delivers a powerful combination of speed and image clarity.
For the first time, Anatomical Intelligence – a rich data base of anatomic structural models and adaptive system technology – has been built into an ultrasound system creating an ultrasound system capable of efficiently producing more definitive clinical results. Anatomical Intelligence provides advanced organ modeling, image slicing, and proven quantification, making exams easier to perform, more reproducible, and delivering new levels of clinical information. Combining this intelligent technology with the precision clarity of n SIGHT Imaging makes for a faster more intuitive ultrasound system.
With EPIQ, Philips has created a ground-breaking platform that supports segment specific innovations for Cardiology, Radiology, OB/GYN and General Imaging:
- xMATRIX 3DTEE and the Anatomically Intelligent Mitral Valve Navigator A.I. provide a key LIVE 3D planning solution that allows physicians to make more informed decisions before and during heart valve procedures.
- n SIGHT Imaging technology, a never-before imaging architecture that provides highly detailed ultrasound images and extraordinary temporal resolution.
- Extraordinary penetration at higher frequencies for outstanding imaging even on patients with high body mass index where ultrasound has previously been inconclusive.
Philips, known for its expertise in imaging technologies, has created a revolutionary imaging architecture, nSIGHT, a completely new way to form ultrasound images which allows:
- Highly detailed ultrasound images and extraordinary temporal resolution
- Ability to see new levels of tissue uniformity without the need of critical transmit focal zone placement
- Exceptional penetration at higher frequencies for superb imaging on difficult patients
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts