JOHANNESBURG, Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Atlatsa Resources Corporation ("Atlatsa" or the "Company") announces with deep regret that a winch operator lost his life in a scraper winch-related accident at Bokoni Platinum Mine's (Bokoni) UM2 shaft section on Wednesday, 28 August 2013.
Immediately after the accident Bokoni mine management stopped operations at the affected section. The South African Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) then completed its inspection and issued a section 54 safety stoppage notice at UM2 shaft section.
Harold Motaung, CEO of Atlatsa, said, "We deeply regret losing a member of our family. An improving safety culture, with specific emphasis on changing individual behavioural patterns, is imperative to our overall transformation strategy at Bokoni. Management will continue to place emphasis on this focus area, which has been disappointing over the past month."
Further updates will be provided to the market in due course.Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The NYSE MKT LLC has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release. SOURCE Atlatsa Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV