Bayer's StivargaÂ® (regorafenib) Tablets Approved In Europe
WHIPPANY, N.J. and SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Aug. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer HealthCare and Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ONXX) announced today that the European Commission has approved Stivarga® (regorafenib) tablets for the treatment of adult patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
In September 2012, Stivarga was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with mCRC who have been previously treated with fluoropyrimidine-, oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy, an anti-VEGF therapy, and, if KRAS wild type, an anti-EGFR therapy.
The approval of Stivarga was based on data from the pivotal Phase III CORRECT ( Colo rectal cancer treated with regorafenib or pla cebo after failure of standard therapy) trial. Full results from the CORRECT study were presented at the 48 th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in June 2012 and published online on November 22, 2012, in The Lancet.About Stivarga® (regorafenib) Tablets In the United States, Stivarga is indicated for the treatment of patients with mCRC who have been previously treated with fluoropyrimidine-, oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy, an anti-VEGF therapy, and, if KRAS wild type, an anti-EGFR therapy. It is also indicated for the treatment of patients with locally advanced, unresectable or metastatic GIST who have been previously treated with imatinib mesylate and sunitinib malate. Stivarga is an inhibitor of multiple kinases involved in normal cellular functions and in pathologic processes such as oncogenesis, tumor angiogenesis, and maintenance of the tumor microenvironment. Stivarga is a Bayer compound developed by Bayer and jointly promoted by Bayer and Onyx in the United States. In 2011, Bayer entered into an agreement with Onyx, under which Onyx receives a royalty on all global net sales of Stivarga in oncology. For full prescribing information, including BOXED WARNING, visit www.stivarga-us.com. Important Safety Information For Stivarga® (regorafenib) Tablets WARNING: HEPATOTOXICITY
- Severe and sometimes fatal hepatotoxicity has been observed in clinical trials.
- Monitor hepatic function prior to and during treatment.
- Interrupt and then reduce or discontinue Stivarga for hepatotoxicity as manifested by elevated liver function tests or hepatocellular necrosis, depending upon severity and persistence.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV