SAO PAULO, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pursuant to CVM Instruction 358 of January 3, 2002, Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP ("Company" - BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage service providers in the world based on the number of customers, hereby announces that it has entered into an agreement with the Executive Power of the Municipality of Diadema to assume total control over the municipality's water and sewage services for a period of 30 years.
The main items of the agreement are:
- Total assumption of the concession, comprising water and sewage services, for 30 years.
- Settlement of the lawsuit in regard to debt arising from the expropriation of the assets by the municipal government.
- Settlement of the lawsuits related to wholesale water supply debt arising from the partial payment of water bills by Saned – the municipal company that currently provides these services in the municipality.
- The assumption of Saned's workforce by Sabesp.
- Compliance with the Municipal Sanitation Plan.
The realisation of the transaction and the signature of the agreement depend on approval by the municipal legislature.
More details will be available in a conference call to be held shortly.IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( email@example.com) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) SOURCE SABESP
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts