2. Second, treat your lawn with an all-purpose, EPA-registered lawn insecticide with residual efficacy against mosquitoes. Cutter® Backyard™ Bug Control Spray Concentrate, for example, creates a barrier against biting bugs in your lawn for up to 8 weeks of control. Spray over the entire yard, including ornamental trees, shrubs and flowers, and onto outdoor surfaces. Just remember to spray early enough to allow the product to completely dry before your Labor Day backyard get-together.
Mosquitoes breed near sources of water. Be proactive in preventing mosquitoes from congregating in your lawn. Remove standing water in flower pots, on pool covers and in outdoor pet bowls. Make sure your gutters are clean and unclogged and that your downspouts drain effectively so puddles aren't left behind after it rains. Mow your lawn regularly to keep mosquitoes from seeking refuge on tall grass.
3. Last, use an area repellent around your patio, deck or campsite to create a zone of mosquito protection while you're spending time outdoors. Easy-to-use, all-weather citronella products, such as the American Holiday-themed Cutter® CitroGuard® Triple Wick Candle, use the natural repelling properties of citronella oil to repel mosquitoes and other flying bugs. If you're camping out or picnicking, bringing along an area fogger such as Cutter® Backyard™ Bug Control Outdoor Fogger can give you several hours of mosquito protection. Just spray infested areas or surfaces and allow the fog to drift over the area.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts