The Deal: AMR Confirmation Moves to Sept. 12
NEW YORK ( The Deal) -- A New York judge has moved the confirmation hearing for AMR Corp.'s (AAMRQ) reorganization plan for the second time in as many weeks as the American Airlines parent prepares for a trial with the U.S. Department of Justice.
Judge Sean Lane of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan on Thursday heard arguments in favor of the plan from counsel to the debtor, unsecured creditors and certain unions before deciding to adjourn the hearing to Sept. 12 to allow the parties to continue preparing for the DOJ suit. The plan is based on an $11 billion merger of AMR and US Airways Group (LCC).
Lane previously ordered parties in the case to submit briefs in support or against confirmation by Aug. 23.
"The brief satisfies that
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV