LOS ANGELES, Aug. 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq:ENT) today announced that Louis Bélanger-Martin is stepping down as CEO of Advanced Inflight Alliance AG (AIA), a subsidiary of Global Eagle, as of August 31, 2013. He will remain Vice Chairman of Global Eagle's Board of Directors.
"After nearly 20 years, I've decided it's time for me to step down," commented Bélanger-Martin. "I'm deeply grateful to our customers, partners, shareholders and most importantly employees for their commitment to our company throughout the years. I now look forward to my role as Vice Chairman of Global Eagle's Board of Directors."
A pioneering figure in the inflight entertainment (IFE) industry, Louis Bélanger-Martin has served as CEO of AIA since 2011, where he was instrumental in directing AIA's growth into the largest provider of content and content services to the global IFE industry. He previously headed DTI Software, Inc., where he helped to grow the organization into the largest provider of interactive games to the IFE industry, serving over 100 airlines globally. DTI was acquired by AIA in 2008 and Bélanger-Martin went on to become CEO of AIA in 2011. AIA became a subsidiary of Global Eagle on January 31, 2013.The company also announced that Wolfgang Brand, AIA's current CFO, will take over as Chief Executive Officer of AIA as of September 1, 2013. Mr. Brand has served as CFO of AIA since March 2010 and has played a key role in the financial, structural and strategic development of AIA. The company also announced that Walé Adepoju has been appointed as AIA's Chief Operations Officer, effective September 1, 2013. Mr. Adepoju has over 20 years' of experience in the inflight market and has been a key figure in the development of the industry. He will be responsible for managing operations of AIA's group of companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV