OTTAWA, Aug. 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a leading provider of cloud and software-based unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solutions, today announced financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 ended July 31, 2013. All financial results are in U.S. dollars.
"We are pleased to have achieved year-over-year revenue growth and record gross margins in the first quarter," said Richard McBee, Chief Executive Officer, Mitel. "Our operating results reflect the growing traction of our cloud business as well as the strength of our unified communications software solutions, which serve as the foundation for us to grow in our target markets."
"During the quarter we completed the acquisition of prairieFyre, our OEM-provider of contact center solutions, for a net cash cost of $20.0 million. The acquisition was accretive during the quarter and we have been pleased with the results to date. We look forward to capitalizing further on the growing market demand for contact centers with a fully integrated solution."Fiscal First Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $141.6 million.
- Gross margin for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was 56.6%.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $20.6 million, or 14.5% of revenues.
- Non-GAAP net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $9.3 million, or $0.17 per share.
- Net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was $3.8 million, or $0.07 per share, diluted.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of July 31, 2013 were $55.3 million.
- Operating cash flows for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 were $13.2 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV