Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced results for its fiscal second quarter ended July 31, 2013.
- Total revenues were $66.9 million, up 50% year-over-year.
- License revenues were $43.2 million, up 43% year-over-year.
- GAAP operating loss was $13.3 million or 19.9% of revenues.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was $0.8 million or 1.1% of revenues.
- GAAP loss per share was $0.13; non-GAAP loss per share was $0.01.
- Operating cash flow was $6.3 million with free cash flow of $4.3 million.
“This past quarter marked a milestone for Splunk as we expanded the breadth of our product offerings beyond core Splunk Enterprise and premium apps by adding the beta version of Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop,” said Godfrey Sullivan, Chairman and CEO. “We are pleased to welcome more than 400 new customers who are joining the Splunk family at an exciting time as we transition to a multi-product company.”
Second Quarter 2014 and Recent Business Highlights
- Signed more than 400 new customers, ending the quarter with more than 6,000 customers worldwide.
- New license customers include: Bank of the West, Bombardier (Germany), Commercial Bank of Dubai, GitHub, Inc., Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. (HHI) (Korea), Middle Tennessee State University, Panasonic Corporation, POLITICO, Shaw Communications Inc., Softbank Telecom Corp., Sony Corporation, South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, SunTrust Banks, Westdeutsche Lotterie GmbH & Co.
- Expansion customers include: Adobe, Bloomberg, CalPERS, Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Duke Medicine, Florida Department of Financial Services, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Korea Securities Depository, Moody’s Corporation, Otto GmbH & Co KG (Germany), Pearson Education, Rally Software, Symantec Corporation, Telstra, TONGYANG Insurance (Korea), U.S. Air Force, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Department of Justice, The Washington Post Company.
- Announced the beta version of Hunk: Splunk Analytics for Hadoop. Hunk (beta) is a new software product from Splunk that enables exploration, analysis and visualization of data in Hadoop.
- Announced the general availability (GA) of the latest version of the Splunk App for VMware to provide accelerated operational visibility into virtualized environments. Customers rely on the Splunk App for VMware to enable proactive monitoring, comprehensive operational analytics and data correlation with all technology tiers beyond virtualization, including applications, operating systems and hardware infrastructure such as servers, storage and network devices.
- Won two top awards in the Asia Pacific region. CeBIT.AU, a leading business technology conference in Australia, honored Splunk with its top industry prize, the CeBIT.AU ICT Excellence Award and the CeBIT.AU Business Award for Top Business Solution.
- Named “ Best in Big Data Analytics” at the 2013 Information Management Awards by NetworkWorld Asia, an enterprise IT magazine read by more than 16,000 IT professionals.
- Total revenues are expected to be between $69 million and $71 million.
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be between zero and negative 2%.
- Total revenues are expected to be between $275 million and $281 million (were previously expected to be between $266 million and $274 million as of May 30, 2013).
- Non-GAAP operating margin is expected to be approximately zero (unchanged from May 30, 2013).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts