Trade-Ideas: Salesforce.com (CRM) Is Today's Unusual Social Activity Stock
- CRM has 10x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 6.00 mentions/day.
- CRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $203.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRM: salesforce.com, inc. provides enterprise cloud computing solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Salesforce.com a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Salesforce.com has been 5.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Salesforce.com has a market cap of $25.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 86.5% with 12.25 days to cover. Shares are up 1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Salesforce.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $283.19 million or 32.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.91%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 247.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$19.48 million to -$67.72 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SALESFORCE.COM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Salesforce.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.