LEUVEN, Belgium, August 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Conference call and webcast scheduled today at 06:30 PM CET - 12:30 PM EST
- Total H1 2013 revenue amounted to €102.7 million
- Profitable first half - net profit of €54.6 million
- End of June 2013 cash position of €193.6 million
- JETREA ® launched in the US in mid-January: initial US sales H1 2013 (end of June) amounted to €12.5 million ( $US 16.6 million)
- JETREA ® approved in EU in March
- JETREA ® launched in April by partner Alcon (Novartis) in the EU - UK, Germany and Scandinavia
- JETREA ® received positive initial NICE recommendation for vitreomacular traction and macular hole
- Germany's IQWiG confirmed JETREA ® demonstrates major added value for the treatment of vitreomacular traction and macular hole
- JETREA ® received approval by Health Canada - first Rest of World (ROW) and non-European market
- Phase II trial with ocriplasmin in wet AMD patients showed a positive trend
- Deal signed to build ophthalmology pipeline: Eleven Biotherapeutics - focus on diabetic macular edema
ThromboGenics NV (Euronext Brussels: THR), an integrated biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative ophthalmic medicines, today issues a business and financial update for the six months ending 30 June, 2013.
The first six months of 2013 have been significant in transforming ThromboGenics into an integrated biopharmaceutical company.In mid-January, the Company launched its lead drug JETREA ® (ocriplasmin) in the US through its own commercial organization. In April, its partner Alcon launched JETREA ® in Europe after it was approved by the European Commission in March 2013. In Europe the drug is now available in the UK, Germany and the Nordic region. ThromboGenics received €90 million in milestone payments from Alcon for the EU approval and first European launch of Jetrea. This funding will enable ThromboGenics to invest in the further development of its ophthalmic franchise anchored by JETREA ®. Earlier this month in August, ThromboGenics' JETREA ® also received approval from Health Canada for the treatment of symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion, heralding the first approval for its drug in a market outside the US and Europe. JETREA ®is the first pharmacological treatment indicated for an important sight-threatening condition, symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion (VMA)/ vitreomacular traction (VMT) in the US and Europe respectively. VMT/ VMA is an age-related, progressive, sight-threatening condition that may lead to visual distortion, decreased visual acuity and central blindness. Highlights (including post-period events):
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV