Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:36 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Wednesday.
Merrill Lynch upgraded Best Buy (BBY) to hold from sell. Cramer said the once-hated stock continues to get some love from analysts. BBY was unchanged at $37.14.
Cramer noted that Sterne Agee is positive on Halliburton (HAL) following the company's recent Dutch tender offering, which weighed on the stock over the past several trading sessions. HAL was up 1.6% to $49.08.Francesca's (FRAN) is getting crushed following an earnings miss. Cramer pointed out the contrast between lower-end and teen apparel versus a higher-end player like Michael Kors (KORS), which is doing very well. FRAN dropped like a stone by 26% to $17.79. Facebook (FB) got a price target boost to $50 at Baird. Cramer likes that, especially since his Action Alerts PLUS charitable portfolio owns shares. FB was flat at $41.78. Citigroup is optimistic on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) ahead of its Sept. 19 analyst meeting. Cramer said Nike (NKE) has been strong as of late, which could be beneficial to the sporting goods retailer. DKS rose by 2% to $47.79. Cramer said Micron (MU) and SanDisk (SNDK) are benefiting in a big way from the recent factory fire at Hynix, a maker of flash memory and DRAM. MU ended the day 5.3% higher at $14.75. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV