REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. today announced the appointment of Phil Sorgen as corporate vice president of the company's Worldwide Partner Group. Sorgen will manage a team of sales and marketing professionals tasked with helping Microsoft's 640,000-member-strong partner community capitalize on new areas of growth in cloud computing, mobility, big data and enterprise social technologies.
A 17-year veteran of Microsoft, Sorgen previously led the company's U.S. Small and Midmarket Solutions and Partners (SMS&P) Group, which provided Microsoft technology solutions for more than 20 million small and midsized businesses in the United States. Before this position, he served as president of Microsoft Canada for 3 1/2 years.
"Our partner ecosystem is a key asset to Microsoft and carries tremendous strategic importance to the company," said Vahe Torossian, corporate vice president of worldwide SMS&P. Phil has been a member of Torossian's extended leadership team for several years and has been involved in multiple global initiatives that have shaped the worldwide SMS&P business and partner strategies."Phil's rich leadership experience in working with our customers and partners in the United States and Canada makes him an ideal fit to help our partners drive new opportunities as Microsoft transforms into a company delivering devices and high-value cloud services," Torossian said. Sorgen will officially assume his new role on Sept. 1, 2013, reporting to Torossian. He replaces Corporate Vice President Jon Roskill, who served for three years as channel chief. Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. SOURCE Microsoft Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV