The first question was about Nike (NKE), to which Cramer replied: "I like Nike. I like Under Armour even better."
Now, the second bit about Under Armour (UA) might very well be true, but I'd like to investigate the Nike comment a touch more. I'm guessing Cramer and I share a similar view on this subject, but I also believe that it's important to decipher the difference between a good company and a good investment.
Just because someone says they like or don't like something doesn't mean that you can substitute that for proper due diligence. It's always good to double-check what you're hearing. Even within this article, there are many more items that you would probably want to investigate.The first thing that I would check when looking into Nike is the company's business results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV