4 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks Leading The Pack: LRE, ANH, RNF, TEU
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH) shares currently have a dividend yield of 13.40%. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. The company primarily invests in the United States agency mortgage-backed securities, which are securities representing obligations guaranteed by the U.S. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.61. The average volume for Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has been 1,297,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation has a market cap of $641.9 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 22.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP reported lower earnings of $0.68 versus $0.90 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 20.6% in earnings ($0.54 versus $0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $25.81 million to $23.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$198.26 million or 120.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Looking at the price performance of ANH's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 33.34%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ANWORTH MTG ASSET CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV